Thursday 27 February 2014

Makeup - Throwback Thursday



Throwback Thursday! Every now and then I shall be doing one of these, so you can see some of the makeup/ body painting work I have done previously. All of these images I did towards the end of 2012 as part of a project whilst studying Fine Art in my second year at university, the project itself was based around Endangered Animals and how animals and humans are closely related, I wanted to create something that was striking and would raise questions from the viewer.. so I came up with these.

The top two images I used myself as a model and painted onto myself, they took about two to three hours each to complete. My favourite is definitely the Leopard, maybe it was because it was my first one I did, but I definitely think it's the most detailed and striking out of these set of images.

The bottom images I used my friend as a model, as I wanted to do more of a design rather than just a head and shoulders shot on myself. It was a simple striped design and not as detailed as the top images, but the placing of the stripes was just as important as overcrowding them would have made my model and the overall look less effective as there would have been too much going on. Collectively I think the images work well together, I have done a few more in the series which I will post up at a later date.




Products Used:
Leopard - Snazaroo Face Paints in colours 'Beige Brown'/ 'Ochre Yellow'/ 'Black' and  'White.'
A dark brown smokey eye, black mascara, black eyeliner and false lashes.


Zebra - Snazaroo Face Paints in colours 'Black' and 'White.'
A big black smokey eye, black eyeliner and false lashes.


Tiger - Snazaroo Face Paints in colours 'White'/ 'Orange' and 'Black.'
A big black smokey eye and black eyeliner.


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments: