Sunday 9 March 2014

Hair Growth Update - March


Since I took the last bits of my hair off at the end of September, I have been religiously using Lee Stafford's Hair Growth products - Shampoo, Conditioner and Treatment Pot (which you can read about *here*) and I have to say I think that my hair is doing well! I am beginning to accept the fact that it won't grow back to waist length overnight, however, it is doing the best it can with the help of Lee's products.



As you can see from the photos, it is growing back thicker and with a bit of a curl. Pre-cancer my hair was a light shade of brown (also known as mousey brown) and completely straight, if I wanted the slightest bit of volume in it I had to back comb it like crazy and hairspray the life out of it.. now it's not only started growing back darker, it is also thicker and slightly curly/ wavy. It's completely out of control! Ha! If I want to tame it I have to wash it every night to keep it more or less flattened down. In my 'March' photos I'd washed my hair a couple of days before and as you can see, I've got a nice little quiff going on and it's also gone curlier at the back. The longer you don't wash it for, the crazier it gets!
My Dad was the first one to say, "You never know, you might have a massive afro!" Which my younger sister found extremely funny and then spent a couple of minutes drawing a picture of me with a mass of curly hair on my head... brilliant!


I'm not entirely sure as my hair gets longer if it will continue to be as wavy as it is now, or if the weight of the hair as it grows will eventually straighten it out a bit... I'll have to wait and see!

For anyone who has lost their hair, whether it has been due to chemo or not, I would definitely recommend that when it starts to grow back you get some of these products in stock, as not only do they smell nice, they work wonders for your hair in helping it to grow back. Obviously, like I said in my previous hair post, I don't know how quickly hair should grow from scratch, but I personally think that these products are definitely making a difference to my hair growth and I would 100% recommend them to anybody trying to grow their hair longer. You can either buy it online at Boots or in store.


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Hi Emily - I think that's amazing ... I have very thin fine hair, and so I'm going to give the Lee Stafford products a go ... I could do with some hair like yours. Well - let's see where it takes you .. quiff or not - your hair looks distinctly lustrous ..

    Enjoy the Spring sunshine .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you very much. Enjoy the sunshine too Hilary! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Lee Stafford hair growth treatment, you're hair will be so strong as it grows! Your hair is also adorable, it really suits you that length! India x
    www.touchscreensandbeautyqueens.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a really good group of products! Xx

      Delete
  3. Hello, I'm a student in Korea.I suffer from the same disease you.Accidentally found your blog via search.I can not speak well...But I just wanted to tell you "We can win".
    That's all.I hope the transfer means.Thank you!

    ReplyDelete